Deciding to be a part of one of the biggest bank is really great! Santander Bank is the 16th largest banking organization in the world with about 650 retail offices and 2,000 ATMs (and counting), which are located in almost every financial centre. In Europe, Santander is the 5th largest bank with currently having nearly $60 billion in deposits from their customers.
Your relationship with the Santander bank only gets more strong when you decide to take your card, be it a Debit card or credit from the Santander bank. Santander offers many card services for customers with great benefits and features.
Activating your bank card can actually make quite a change in your shopping habit. As it can unlock many offers and deals by just using your Santander card for making payments and thus making your shopping life more enjoyable
How to Activate Santander Card?
And in this article, we will be helping you with Santander card activation. You are not required to travel anywhere to activate your Santander card. You can even activate your card from where you are now itself. In this article, we are going to show you that in the simplest possible way.
Before going through the methods, you are required to note some things:
Things You Need to Have to Activate Your Santander Card:
- You are required to have an Account in the official web portal of the bank. If you still don’t have it yet, you can always activate your account in the web portal anytime you want (for activating Online)
- A stable internet connection if you are going to do Santander activate the card online.
- Make sure that you are giving the correct information, which you gave the bank.
- Your card, to provide some information regarding your card,
- prepare your mobile phone number (if activating through customer care)
All set? Now lets’ jump into the central part, for which you have come here.
Methods to Activate Santander Card:
- By visiting the official Santander Bank website
- Activate Santander card by Phone
You can choose any of the ways which we have mentioned above. Now we are going to explain in detail all the mentioned ways for you further in this article. Let’s take a look at each one of them:
1. How to Activate Santander Card via Online:
Do note that you are required to have a stable internet connection for completing this method fast and without any problem, as a slow internet connection may not actually enter your data and may even reload the page even before finishing the process. So a stable internet connection is advised.
- Visit the Santander: santander.com/en/home
- Click on “Online banking” on the top right corner and select your preferred language.
- Click on “Log on” on the top right corner; if you don’t have a Santander account, then click on “Sign up.”
- Click on “Continue,” and then on the next page, you will be required to enter your personal information, including first name, last name, date of birth, and UK postcode, and then click “Continue.”
- After that, you will be required to enter your card details like your card number and your card CVV code, and your card type. Once you finish, click on “Activate.”
- You are needed to enter the OTP or one-time passcode, which you received to complete the activation process.
- You will be informed when your Santander card gets activated.
2. How to Activate Santander Card via Customer Service:
If you are a person who doesn’t prefer to do this online or have an unstable Internet connection, this is the perfect method for you to activate your Santander Card.
- Dial the Santander customer care number (0800-389-7000) to begin the Santander card activation process through the phone.
- Once your call gets picked up, ask the staff for the card activation service.
- Follow the instructions and provide your personal information when asked by the staff.
- Once you provide your personal data, you will be asked to provide your card details like your card number, card CVV code, and card type.
- You may need to wait a few minutes before getting the confirmation about your card getting successfully activated.
Santander Helpline Numbers & Official Website:
- Phone Number: 0800 9 123 123
- Website Adress: santander.co.uk
If you have any doubts regarding the article, please try to go through the article as it may clear many uncleared doubts. Else you can get the help of the Santander Helpline provided above if you wanted.
Most of the debit cards issued by Santander are often ready to use. However, you might have to use an ATM or purchase something with a PIN or chip for contactless to begin working. You don’t need to worried about this if you are activating your Santander credit card.
Make sure never to share your password or your pin with anyone. Never save your password and username on any merchant’s site. Be aware of fraud calls that may try to know your pin, password, username, etc.