Navy Federal Credit Union is a global credit union that has its headquarters located at Vienna, Virginia. Navy Federal is charted and regulated under the authority of the National Credit Union Administration. Navy Federal is the largest natural member credit union in the United States, both in asset size and membership.
Navy Federal Credit Union offers credit cards right for your financial needs. You have the option to choose from Mastercards, Visa, and Amex cards. All these cards come with offers and benefits of their own. Navy Federal offers six different cards to its customers; they are:
- Cash Rewards Card ( 0 annual fees and variable APR of 9.65% to 18.00%).
- Amex More Rewards Card ( 0 annual fees and variable APR of 9.65% to 18.00%).
- Visa Signature Flagship Cards ( $49 annual fees and variable APR of 9.99% to 18.00)
- Go Rewards ( 0 annual fees and variable APR of 8.99% to 18.00%)
- Platinum ( 0 annual fees and variable APR of 5.99% to 18.00%)
- nRewards Secured (0 annual fees and variable APR of 18.00%)
Read this article carefully to know how to apply and activate these cards.
How to Apply for Navy Federal Cards
Follow these simple steps to apply for your Navy Federal Cards:
- Before starting to apply, make sure you have your personnel details and documents ready.
- Before applying for a card, you need to be a Navy Federal member.
- Once you are in check with the above instructions, go to Navy Federal’s official site to apply for your card.
- Once you are done applying, Navy Federal will check your credit score to see if you are eligible to get that particular card.
- If you are eligible to get one, Navy Federal will send you a confirmation SMS.
- If you are not eligible to get one, the Navy Federal will send you a letter within 30 days, stating the reason for your ineligibility.
- If your application is approved and confirmed, you will get your card within 7-10 business days.
After applying and getting your card, you are required to activate it, which is where people get confused with how to do it. Do not worry; read this article further to know how to activate your Navy Federal card safely and securely.
Things needed to activate your Navy Federal Card
- Your unique Navy Federal Card.
- Your account holder documents.
Ways to activate your Navy Federal Credit Card
There are two ways to activate your Navy Federal Card.
- Activate Navy Federal Card Online
- Activate the Navy Federal Card via phone.
- Activate Navy Federal Credit Card via Mobile App.
Now let us specifically cover information about every method listed above…
1. How to Activate Navy Federal Card Online
Online activation is the easiest way to activate your Navy Federal Card. To do, you must have a registered online account on the Navy Federal site. If you do not have an account, go sign up for one. All set? Let us look at the activation process:
- Once you have a registered account, log in to it by putting in your username and password.
- Once you are in, click on the Account Service.
- Your page will be redirected to a different site. On the new site, you are required to enter your account holder details like your card number, expiry date, CVV, date of birth, and Social Security Number.
- Recheck the details that you have put in and press submit. If the details you gave are right, your card will be activated. As simple as that.
This is the easiest way to activate your Navy Federal Credit Card.
2. How to Activate Navy Federal Card with Phone
If you are unable to do the activation process online, you have the option to do it through your phones. Follow these steps to do it successfully:
- On your phone, call the official Navy Federal Credit Card Activation number which is, 1-888-842-6328.
- Select a language and follow the instructions.
- Give your account holder information and your card details.
- Follow the instructions and work on it; your card will be activated.
- You will receive a confirmation message of your activation.
3. How to Activate Navy Federal Card using the Mobile App
- Sign in to the mobile app.
- Select the account connected to your card.
- Select Manage Card.
- Select Activate Card from the Maintenance menu.
- Confirm the last four digits of your card and select Activate.
- Select Done, your card will be activated.
The Navy Federal mobile app is a one-stop destination for all your Navy Federal banking needs. You can Activate your card, Freeze your account, check your account balance, make deposits, transfer funds, and whatnot. This app reduces your travel to the bank; you can do anywhere and anytime.
We hope the above information is all you need to activate your Navy Federal Credit Card. If you still face trouble, you can seek help through Navy Federal’s official site or call them at 1-703-255-8837. To avoid fraud and identity theft, make sure you enter your account holder’s information on the official website and sign the back of your card once it’s activated. Make the most out of your Credit card!
Thank you! for reading till the end.