Wells Fargo & Company is a multinational financial service provider of American origin. It serves citizens throughout the United States and also has overseas reaches. Considering its total assets, it is the fourth-largest bank in the United States. It is even the fourth-largest bank in the World when the market capitalization is concerned. It provides various online and offline financial services. Apart from banking, Wells Fargo offers you brokerage, foreign exchange, insurances, and also Investment Management services.
Wells Fargo has over 8500 branches and employs over 26k people. With its reach worldwide, Wells Fargo & Company serves about 70 million customers. Among its various services, Wells Fargo also offers credit and debit card facilities to its customers. You can use these cards to pay for commodities and other services that you buy or use. However, after the bank issues a credit/debit card to anyone, it needs to be activated by following some procedure to avail its benefits.
Not sure how to do it? You don’t have to worry anymore as we are here to help you with it. There are four ways you can activate your Well’s Fargo Credit card. Three of which are online procedures, and the other one is offline. We will explain all the ways you can activate a Well’s Fargo Credit Card with the utmost details.
What do you need for Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation:
Before you begin the process of Wells Fargo Credit Card activation, make sure you have all the following documents and information.
- Wells Fargo Credit/Debit card Number
- Your registered permanent address
- Registered Mobile Number
- Personal Identification documents (as issued by the government)
- Your Username
- A Unique password.
If you have all these ready with you, you are good to go.
How to do Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation Online?
Wells Fargo allows three different ways for Wells Fargo Credit card activation online. You can do it via their official website, from their mobile application, or even via a phone call.
1. Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation Via Website:
- Visit the official online web portal of Wells Fargo on this link: www.wellsfargo.com/activate or www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard.
- When you reach the home page, you will be able to see the instructions to activate your credit and debit card.
- Click on “Sign In” to enter the page and to create your account.
- Once your account is created, you will be able to manage your activities via the online portal.
- You will be required to enter some personal information and the details of the card issued to you.
- Enter your username and password.
- In case you do not remember your password, you can click the “Forgot Password/Username” option to create a new password. The link will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- After verification of the entered details, your credit card will be activated within some time.
2. Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation Through Phone Call
If you do not have access to the internet, you can avail the activation facility through a phone call. Here’s how to do it.
- Dial this number 1-877-294-6933, the toll-free number for Credit Card Activation.
- Make sure you call from the number you have registered with Wells Fargo Bank.
- The instructor will ask for your name, address, and other information.
- The instructions will be provided to you. You have to follow the step as told, and your credit/debit card will be activated.
3. Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation via the Mobile App
Wells Fargo has also launched a dedicated mobile app for all the banking services that it offers. This saves you the hassle of logging in with your username and password every time you need to access the website. Here’s how you have to do the activation.
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store in your smartphone.
- Search for the “Wells Fargo Mobile App” in the app store.
- Once you find the app, tap on “Install” to download the application.
- Once the app is installed, click on “OPEN.”
- You have to login once with your username and password that you use for net banking.
- The dashboard will show different options from where you can choose the card you want to activate.
- Click on the card and tap “Activate.”
This is the easiest way of activating your credit card on the go. You can also manage the visa cards, platinum debit cards, commercial cards, easy pay prepaid cards, and even your college credit cards from this mobile app.
How to activate Wells Fargo Credit Card offline?
If you are not comfortable with online procedures and prefer to do it manually, you can go to any Wells Fargo ATM to activate your credit card. Here’s what you have to do.
- Visit the nearest Wells Fargo ATM. If you are unsure where it is, you can use the Wells Fargo ATM locator to find an ATM near your current location.
- Insert your Well Fargo issued credit/debit card in the mentioned slot.
- You would have received a PIN along with the credit card in the post. If not, a PIN would have been sent to you in your registered mobile number or your email. Enter that for quick verification.
- All required instructions will be displayed on the ATM screen. Just follow them in order, and your credit card will be activated in no time.
Facing a problem, Here’s how you can get help!
If you are unable to activate the card even after following the above-mentioned steps or facing some difficulty, you can call the bank for support. The toll-free Customer-care number of Wells Fargo is 1-877-805-7744. They are available all weekdays from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
All the help you need is just a call away.