If you have got a Barclay card, the next thing to do before taking your shopping partner for shopping is to activate your card. And in this article, we are going to see about Barclay card activation. The methods mentioned here are the simplest and fastest.
Things You Need to Have to Activate Barclay’s Credit Card:
- Registering an account on Barclay’s website: barclaycard.co.uk/personal (for activating online)
- Install Barclaycard app (if activating through the app)
- Your Barclay’s Credit Card (for providing card details)
- Your details, such as account number, security code, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
All set? Now let’s jump into the central part, for which you have come here.
Methods to Activate Barclay’s Credit Card:
- By visiting the official portal link: barclaycard.co.uk/personal.
- Activation through Barclaycard app (available in App Store and Play store)
- Activate Barclay credit card by Phone
You can choose any of the ways which we have mentioned above. We are going to explain in detail all the mentioned ways for you further in this article. Let’s take a look at each one of them:
1. How to Activate Barclay’s Credit Card Online:
- Go to the official Barclay website: barclaycard.co.uk/personal.
- Enter into your existing account.
- If you don’t have an existing account, you can create a new Barclay’s account, if you are Barclay’s Card Holder. (keep in mind that it is a 10-minute session. It would be best if you were pretty quick in registering your account. Else a new session will be started)
- Click on “Card Activation”
- Verify your identity by entering the OTP sent to your registered number in Barclay’s.
- You will be asked to provide your 16-digits Barclay Credit card number and expiry date and click on “continue.”
- Enter the required details asked by the particular page and click on Submit.
- After registering, you will receive an activation email in your provided e-mail address while registering. In the email, there will be a link for activating your account.
- Activate your Barclay online servicing account by clicking on the activation link.
2. How to Activate Barclay’s Credit Card Activation Through Phone Call:
- Dial the Barclay Credit Card Customer care number (0800 068 4499)
- When connected, as the Barclay representative for “Card Activation.”
- You will then asked to provide your personal data like your full name, and your full address and your date of birth, etc.
- Once providing that, you will be asked to give information on your card details like card number and CVV card code and your card-type, etc.
- After providing all this process, you will be getting the response that your card is activated, after some time.
If there is an issue with your activation process for some reason, the activation hotline will transfer you to the next available representative to complete your process. Phone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
3. How to Activate Barclay’s Card Activation Using Android/IOSApp:
- Download and install the official Barclaycard iOS/Android app on your mobile phone.
- Make sure you know the credit limit of your card as it will be required in the activation process further.
- Login to your Barclay account. If you don’t have one, then create one.
- provide all the required information
- You will be notified about the activation of your card after the submission of the required information after some time.
Things to Note:
Never share your card details over the phone, email, or via SMS from numbers claiming that they are from the bank. If your card ever gets lost or stolen, then quickly contact Barclay’s helpline number (0800 068 4499) to block your card. Barclay Credit Card Activation is only available on the official site, which means you should never try to activate your Barclay Credit Card on any merchant’s sites.
Thank you for reading till the end.